Our versatile and experienced team of occupational therapists specializes in the assessment and treatment of children from infants to teenagers who experience difficulties in a variety of areas including:
- Fine motor skills- The use of small muscles in the hands and fingers to manipulate small objects.
- Gross motor skills- The skill required to control large muscles of the body for walking, running, sitting, crawling, etc.
- Sensory integration- The process by which information is received through the senses, organized, and used to participate in everyday activities.
- Cognitive skills- The ability to perform various mental activities associated with learning and problem solving.
- Visual perceptual skills- The capacity to make sense of, and interpret what is seen.
- Visual motor skills- The ability to control hand movements guided by vision.
- Play skills and social interactions related to using perceptual motor, fine motor, and sensory motor skills whether at home, in the community, or at school.
- Upper body strength/postural control- Maintaining adequate trunk, shoulder, arm, and hand strength to control the body’s positioning.
Our skilled and caring therapists help toddlers and children develop the requisite skills that are needed to do everyday tasks and activities by using ingenious and creative methods to help motivate kids while ensuring their overall experience is fun, successful and enjoyable!